Accounting Director ACA
My client is a boutique forward-thinking Accounting firm based in the City of London and they are looking for an Accounting Director ACA to head the Compliance and Reporting team and help with the growth of the business.
You must be forward-thinking, and open to new technologies within accounting, and to using up-to-date technologies to assist in your client's processes.
You must also have at least ten years of working within a senior role in an Accountancy practice.
You will be changing the perception of accountancy firms by working alongside your clients as an addition to their business.
As an Accounting Director ACA you will manage a small team of 8-10 and be the main point of contact for all complex technical queries for the onshore and offshore teams.
Duties of Accounting Director ACA
– To be the main point of contact for top-tier clients (top fee payers)
– To manage the team workflow and assist in getting work out efficiently whilst maintaining quality
– To provide clients with timely and accurate financial information in the form of management reporting and commentary
– To conduct meetings with clients to discuss management reporting, taxation strategies, past, and future financial data
-To assist with Xero migration
– To review VAT returns including Intrastat returns, EC Sales and liaison with HMRC
– To review Corporation Tax returns including iXBRL accounts and tax advice
– To assist with R&D claims for those with qualifying costs
– Financial due diligence reporting
– Overall management of the finance function for SME including book-keeping, VAT returns, payroll submissions
– Year-end financial statement reporting
– Management and ownership of the accountancy division, including management reporting to the directors, staff training, staff management, etc
– Xero Migration and Certified advisor
– Overseeing a team including 2 client managers, 2 onshore bookkeepers, 6/7 offshore account prep and bookkeeping staff
– Having oversight of the company sec team and payroll team (both fully outsourced)
– Reducing client risk and making sure all correct disclosures are made
– Helping clients get through their audit processes
As an Accounting Director ACA you will be the main point of contact and lead and assist with the delivery of all projects and be the technical lead behind this delivery.
Qualifications needed for Accounting Director ACA
ACA or similar ATT qualification
At least 10 years of working within a practice and be in a senior role or be ready to progress within a more senior role