For this Assistant Accountant position, you will report directly to the Finance Manager and will support them in providing high quality finance advisory services to their schools and academies. You will be provided a great onboarding and training and developed which will include shadowing and mentoring from your direct report.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful person would be but no limited to:
- Support the Finance Manager in providing specialist hands on support and advice to CEO’s, Headteachers, Finance Directors, Trustees/Directors and Governors in relation to a wide range of finance issues.
- To aid in the development of multi-year financial planning and monitoring, cash-flow management and the recording of fixed assets.
- To support clients with timely budget preparation, forecasting and monitoring.
- To ensure that each school’s financial year is closed down in a timely and accurate manner, and that underlying records to support the final accounts are accurate.
- Supporting schools to ensure they have appropriate and effective financial systems in place in accordance with agreed policies and timetables.
- Supporting schools and academies in ensuring accurate financial records are maintained.
- Supporting schools and academies in ensuring that financial transactions in the school are carried out in an appropriate manner and that the financial regulations are observed, including all arrangements for VAT.
- Support schools and academies in procuring services and undertaking financial evaluations to secure value for money.
- Keep abreast of financial developments across the Educational Sector, notably in relation to the Academies Sector.
- To be able to assist in the academy conversion process as part of a project team, providing relevant support with finance issues.
- To build up effective, collaborative, dynamic relationships with all our schools and academies.
- To actively seek out feedback to maintain positive relationships and professional credibility.
The successful Assistant Accountant may not necessarily have all of the tasks and responsibilities, as we are looking for someone to grow into the role or will be/have:
- AAT qualified or similar or working towards AAT or similar qualification, or have relevant financial experience
- Minimum of 1 year in a similar finance role or you may have substantial experience and would like to take this opportunity
- This role will be suited to a high calibre and adaptable individual who is looking to develop their career further and have an opportunity to progress into an Assistant Finance Partner within a growing business.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, and be responsive to the needs of our clients.
- Experience working in dynamic fast paced agile environments, working collaboratively and openly with others • Excellent communication; both oral and written, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure to strict deadlines
- Able to demonstrate careful attention to detail and ability to check all work for accuracy and quality standards
- The ability to travel independently, with full driving licence and own transport.
- 26 days holiday plus public holidays
- Holiday buy back scheme • Generous pension package
- BUPA Cash Payment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle Scheme • Company events
- Tailored learning and development programmes
- An inclusive and open workplace
They have big ambitions for the future – and therefore want to speak to the right individuals with the right energy and values to take them there.
Please contact for a confidential discussion