Business Centre Manager
Base Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 – based on experience
Location: Lewisham, London
Hours: 9am – 5pm (Monday – Friday).
Start Date: Immediate / After Notice Period
Two Stage Interview: 1st interview via Teams; final interview is office-based
Our client is a nationwide flexi-office / serviced office provider. They are currently seeking a Business Centre Manager to be based in their Lewisham, SE London location.
This company is a (commercial property) managed operator that is part of a larger group with multiple serviced / flexible office brands across approximately 50 business centres throughout Scotland, England, and Wales.
Their services encompass office space leasing, business advisory services, commercial property finance and development.
In partnership with the Regional Operations Manager, Compliance Manager and H&S Compliance Manager, deliver excellence in centre standards and adherence to company operating policies and procedures
The Business Centre Operations Manager is responsible for managing and delivering high levels of client, member, and guest service, helping to meet the high standard of expectations and requirements of the client and company. You play an important role in providing the first impression for the Business Centre and company as well as the client companies.
Client/Member happiness is key and is a vital element of the business which needs to be managed and mirrored by the team you are responsible for.
You will be expected to have complete ownership of your business centre and will know what is always happening and when, and are responsible for ensuring it is clean, safe, and secure at all times.
You will also support the sales team to showcase your centre, assisting with tours to sell the product you are responsible for.
- Deliver professional and friendly viewings, identifying upselling opportunities
- Proactively seek feedback and resolve customers’ complaints at first contact
- Build relationships with customers through regular communication to ensure the capture of any upselling opportunities
- Have a presence within the local neighbourhood to promote the company brand
- Manage business centre standards to the highest level with the support of the Centre Operations Assistant role
- Ad hoc duties as and when required by the business
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Centre Operations Assistant with a specific focus on ensuring that all risk mitigation measures identified in the Covid Secure Office risk assessment are in place at all times
- Manage the centre team payroll and absence returns.
- Managing and following the cash collection process for your centre to mitigate any potential loss to our clients
- Ensure the capture of billing for all service revenue
- Regular revenue audits
- Manage and support the Centre Operations Assistant to deliver the ‘Covid Secure Office’ at all times.
- Maintain an understanding and work to policies relating to statutory H&S obligations to ensure the company is H&S compliant
- Ensure appropriate health and safety arrangements are in place to minimise risks and provide for safe working conditions for staff, customers and visitors.
- Ensure all building-related issues are reported via the property portal and remedial actions, as required, are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for arranging all annual mandatory H&S requirements for the business centre, and ensure certification is uploaded to the property portal in a timely manner.
- Ensure the centre operates in line with company policies, procedures and processes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of GDPR and AML legislation and ensure the business follows mandatory requirements
- Escalate identified issues and risks
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure that all Customer Agreements are current, correct and accompanied by the correct supporting documentation.
- Validate customer identification to ensure adherence to AMLR policy
- Complete all mandatory training modules annually
- Work with the Compliance Manager to ensure our virtual customers are managed and operate in line with the virtual policy
Deliver a Covid-19 Compliant Centre
- Ensure that ad hoc cleaning for all areas to ensure that it complies with the company’s Covid-19 protocols.
- Take part in training on all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises
- Ensure correct chemical usage and storage, and ensure equipment is well maintained and safe for use.
- Ensure the availability of personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with COVID-19 standards and practices
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 1.5yrs – 2yrs+ experience in customer service / flexible office industry / facilities management.
- Possess good decision-making and problem-solving skills and be capable of applying own judgement.
- Friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined