A Multinational Energy Company based in Reading/ Cardiff or Perth is seeking a Business Cutover Manager to join their team on a contract basis for 9 months. (Extension highly likely)
Main Purpose of JOB
As an integral part of the CPR Programme team, the successful candidate will report directly to the Business Change Lead but will have direct liaisons with key Business, Programme and IT Workstream leads.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the end-to-end approach for business cut over incorporating the feeds from the technical aspects of the programme in addition to readiness of the business to accommodate the changes.
The creation of a business cutover strategy and associated plan, and then managing and driving the delivery of the plan will input into the overall integrated project cutover and readiness plans. As the programme moves into the Deploy phase, there are a number of activities that need to be accelerated, one of which is the planning and execution of the business cutover.
The role holder will create a business cutover plan which will specifically include
- Migration Readiness – the physical extract, transform, load process, system downtime etc
- Technical Readiness – the features / functionality that needed to be ready at target system to enable that cohort / tranche of accounts
- Operational Readiness – training / operating model / team setup
- Account Readiness – Data quality, In flight processes
- Non Standard Migration activities – those items where data / customer to be migrated / moved but not being done via the technical ETL approach (eg manual activity)
- Operational Alignment – any events which need to be understood around the cutover e.g. pricing events etc
Consideration will also need to be given to the following:
- Issue Management – working alongside the IT team and hypercare team, establish if any additional activity is required in the management of issues (from point of selection through to landing or any issues identified as part of intensive care up till point of defined handover to BAU)
- Intensive Care – sets of checks and processes to confirm all is working as expected all activities across the 5 business lifecycles: Customer Acquisition, Meter to Bill, Income and Collections, Use and Help and Finance. A key requirement will be to identify the key pre and post activities and dependencies between the Technical and Data cutover components and ensure interlocks between business lifecycles are captured and executed as part of a dress rehearsal and multiple business cutover releases.
- Environmental Factors – given the energy crisis, it is imperative that consideration is given to the timing of the cut over, specifically with the business ability to adopt the changes.
The Business Cutover manager will be instrumental in providing clarity on what the business go / no criterion should be; and then at the point of migrations be objective in the summation of submissions.
- Single point of contact and escalation point for Business Cutover and aligned to the Business Change
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships within the CPR Programme, IT and business teams to ensure requirements are integrated into the overall cutover strategy.
- Primary deliverable outputs include:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the business cutover plan that integrates business, technical and data cutover activities across each customer release.
- Feeding in the cutover resource requirement to the Business Duel running manager
- Coordinate business cutover activities to ensure a successful cutover across all areas of the business.
- Ensure all workstreams, lifecycles and business teams are consulted with, and agree to their role in the business cutover.
- Track delivery of activities in the cutover plan and coordinate with teams to ensure timely and effective delivery.
- Drive the creation of Business cutover procedures and other supporting cutover artefacts (instructions/processes/plans) required for a seamless cutover.
- Plan and deliver a business mock cutover to ensure all tasks, activities and procedures have been rehearsed and lessons learnt applied to the plan, ahead of go-live.
- Agree Business cutover entry/exit criteria for each customer migration event from legacy to Evolve.
- Coordination of cutover resourcing and logistics for both internal and external parties where applicable.
- Work closely with Technical Cutover, Dual Running and Data Migration managers to ensure strategic alignment.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of relevant issues, insights, practices and opportunities to identify and make recommendations for improved ways of working .
- Manage stakeholder relationships through effective matrix management which needs to include communication, negotiation and issue management to ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout the project and project deliverables are met
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.