Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 (OTE £60,000 uncapped)
Full time – Permanent (Hybrid working available)
Our client is a knowledge-based IT distribution company that specialises in Virtualisation and Security technologies offering solutions and services to value added resellers and system integrators. Founded in Germany in 2009, our client has grown into a group of companies covering the IT markets in Europe and Canada.
Passionately customer focussed, they are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. The role is responsible for selling the breadth of the Information Management software and services and is supported by an experienced Sales Engineering (SE) team based in the UK.
You will be able to work closely with the Vendor and their internal teams, becoming an extension of their business. You will uncover and grow new business opportunities mainly within Oracle, SQL and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partners. It’s exciting,
The role can be working from home, from the Newbury office or a combination.
In summary, the role is exciting, rewarding and hard work but offers career progression and personal development.
- Research, cold call & build relationships with new clients
- Grow business reach into managed accounts
- Territory/regional account management, including account planning and sales
- Understand customers’ business and solutions
- Advise customers on strategic business and technology
- Assess potential sales opportunities and develop value added product solutions for customers.
- Represent a balanced sales effort of software products and services knowledge
- Leads sales process and utilize all available resources to manage account.
What we are looking for
- Candidates should come from a new business, software solutions sales background and ideally have experience within an IT Vendor or IT Distribution.
- We are looking for an experienced sales individual with the ability to operate autonomously with their own personal structure and focus.
- Relationship management is key; you will need to work in partnership with the Information Management Inside Sales team, UK Channel Manager, Marketing Manager, Renewal team, legal and SE team as well as working with the other BU sales teams where applicable.
- You should have a hunter mentality and be able to manage new business through the full sales cycle.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Solution sales experience
- Enterprise Software background and knowledge of Database solutions from Oracle, AWS and SQL is desirable
- Demonstrable ability to both farm and hunt as required
- A high call rate combined with evidence of creative deal-making
- Financial and business acumen
- Ability to develop long-term strategic and executive level partnerships
- Free onsite parking
- 20 days holiday to 25 with service
- Opportunity for 50/50 hybrid working
- Private Healthcare
AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE PROVIDE A COVER LETTER STATING YOUR MOTIVATION AND SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE.