Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Coleshill.
- To provide project finance support to a high profile major project within the division, working closely with finance and non-finance colleagues
- To provide effective financial control in accordance with Project and Balfour Beatty policies.
What you’ll be doing
Tasks will include the following :
- Charging of all recoverable costs to the project
- Collation of audit evidence
- Assisting in allocation of costs to site from plant yard
- Support Cost Supervisors with meetings with project managers
- Ensure accurate costing, by posting journals, understanding processes and communicating issues to site in order to help improve right first time
- Perform finance project reconciliations in order to provide control
- Reporting of project costs
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Previous experience working in a finance team, construction sector or projects experience preferred but not essential
- Able to pick up processes quickly
- Good numeracy & IT Skills: MS Office packages including Excel skills
- Good team player: the ability to work with people at various levels both internal Balfour Beatty and external
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full on our website.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found on our website.