Senior Commercial Manager | Finance Business Partner
Based across two sites | Altrincham and Preston
This is a unique opportunity to join a subsidiary PLCof an AIM listed PLC company who are, based across two sites. Both companies work in alignment to each other and compliment the other with regards to their products and business offering.
The business in Altrincham is a leading UK supplier of stretch fabrics, offering a large stock holding in the UK alongside in-house print facilities. Their client base consists of Dance, Swim, Fashion and Gymnastics Manufacturers, from large global companies to independent creators. They offer wholesale and retail supply, and the retails sales are 100% web based. Always at the cutting edge of technology and never holding back on investment is a key strength to the company’sies success.
Additionally, the business is Preston is a highly respected, well known Gymnastics wear brand with in-house manufacturing and design. The company currently holds the sponsorship agreement for British Gymnastics which is a huge accolade and fulfils its own retail and wholesale sales alongside plans for export growth.
The fact that both businesses are owned by a PLC means that there will be annual audits, audit preparation and stock take so it will be imperative that this individuvial will have experience of audits and liaising with auditors. The role will also involve reporting to the PLC with monthly management accounts. The role will need to be hands on initially, as both Businesses are very niche.
- This will be a challenging but interesting and varied role whereby the Commercial Finance Manager will support and grow existing teams at both sites. The Preston Business only being acquired in recent years has a direct requirement for the improvement of systems and processes, both financial and operational. The role overall will be crucial to the growth of both Businesses ensuring the control of all financial aspects, along with strategic planning with their Operations Manager and Directors to ensure all business needs and deadlines are met.
- You will support and lead both the finance and administration teams. You will be a crucial part of this growing business, ensuring the control of all financial aspects, along with strategic planning with both Managing Directors on each site to ensure all business needs and deadlines are met.
- You will play a key role within the team across both sites, adding value through management of monthly reporting and forecasting. You will have excellent commercial acumen and be focused on the strategic financial direction of the business.
- Liaising with all senior stake holders across the business.
- Preparation of annual,monthly budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Production of monthly management accounts on a timely basisreports.
- Reporting monthly and development of key KPI’s
- Supporting management in controlling and managing the costs within budget.
- Development of companies reporting systems
- Production of monthly sales reports, price variances, costings and process
- Full responsibility for the financial control of these companies including credit control, control of payments and bank accounts (Helen – what about stock control?)
- Production of monthly financial forecasts and annual budgetsLiaison with defined benefit pension scheme advisors, liaison with company auditors and tax advisors
Key Skills required:
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA, qualified by experience will be considered
- Strong PC skills in a range of systems, including MS Office, other software including Excel & Sage 200
- High personal motivation and an ability to embrace and achieve goals
- Commercial experience is essential; production / manufacturing / logistics is ideal
- Ability to work on own initiative and develop proactive solutions to business problems.
- People management and leadership skills, Project management skills.
- Good commercial skills and awareness & Strong Communication Skills
- Experience within a Manufacturing background would be of benefit.
This is an ideal role for a commercially minded finance manager who is looking to join a business where you can add value and progress as the company grows. This will be a challenging but rewarding role.