Job Title: Finance Business Partner
Location: Derby OR Durham (are you able to post to multiple locations on the same credit?)
Job Type: Permanent
United Living is a private equity backed business in rapid growth mode; we are doubling our turnover to more than £1bn as part of our 5 year plan, and believe know this is absolutely achievable with the great people we have across our business. To help us get there, we are recruiting a talented Finance Business Partner to join our New Homes team, based from either our Derby or Durham office.
Our New Homes business has a robust strategy for growth which will cement our position as a leading constructor of single-family homes in the build to rent space, and of multi-family homes as a valued partner to housing associations delivering much-needed homes across the UK. As part of a small and fast-paced team, your role as Finance Business Partner will focus on the accounting and reporting of our construction projects, ensuring systems and processes are fit for purpose and continually reviewed and improved. You will be ensure management information is on time, accurate and understandable, and your day to day duties will include:
- Working with the Finance Director in the provision of divisional month-end reporting packs
- Bi-weekly cashflow forecasts
- Acting as a key bridge between our Finance and Commercial teams through the production and review of monthly CVRs, processing monthly contract accounting and project credit control
- Budgeting, re-forecasting and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with ensuring full VAT, CIS, PAYE compliance on ULSR contracts
- Travel to site and other United Living offices as required (usually 2-3 days per month)
Our New Homes business has been through a period of transition as align our strategy with the growth aspirations of the United Living Group; now is a fantastic time to join us as we implement cohesive and consistent working practices across our team and take the division forward. We are looking for a well-established and qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) finance professional who has a genuine desire to work across Commercial, Construction and Group Finance disciplines, in addition to the following:
- Interest in and experience in commercial / project accounting and management reporting
- Ability to work as part of a team in addition to the confidence to operate autonomously
- Experience of change management – introduction of new systems and processes.
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of computer literacy including advanced Excel
If the above sounds like you and you want to join an ambitious, fast-paced business with a values-driven culture where great performance is rewarded with a generous salary and package, in addition to a genuine commitment from us to invest in your ongoing career development, please apply today. We are proud of what we have achieved so far, and believe that with the right people on board, we can build something even greater.