Are you a talented and ambitious Finance Director with experience working in the manufacturing sector, seeking a new challenge? Our client are a very successful manufacturer based in Basildon, Essex.
Over the past 20 years the company has grown from a small start up to a £13 million business with further ambitious growth plans. They are proud of their talented and committed staff as well as their state-of-the-art facilities and are now looking for a Finance Director to join their senior management team to take the business forward to the next stage of its development.
The Group also has two subsidiary companies – and as the Finance Director you will also assume responsibility for their financial management.
The new role of Finance Director is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategy to ensure the business continues to achieve strong financial performance and reaches its ambitious growth targets. The Finance Director will assume responsibility for existing small team and implement changes and solutions that will drive the Company’s financial operations forward. The role reports to the Managing Director.
Key Responsibilities (the following are applicable for each of the three companies)
- Advising the MD and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance, growth strategies and plans
- Leading the budgeting, forecasting and planning processes
- Control of all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cash flow management, compliance, presentation of management information and KPIs
- Maintaining robust financial systems and processes
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process including variances
- Overseeing the VAT return calculation / submission
- Management of all monthly payroll activities for c.100 staff across three companies
- Statutory accounts processes – preparation with auditors / submissions
- Develop relationships with external advisors such as accountants, solicitors, banks
- Liaise with auditors for annual monitoring
- Improve efficiencies and reduce company costs
- Supervision and development of the Finance team
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent workplace experience with a proven track record and experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in managing financial operations in a manufacturing business
- Remarkable commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge
- An ability to respond to change and be flexible in generating solutions to challenges
- Leadership – able to contribute to the leadership of the business
- Collaborative and works well with a range of people at all levels in an organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience in creating statutory accounts and running external audits
In return you will receive a competitive annual salary plus company benefits including 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension scheme and private health insurance.
This is a full time onsite role with scope for occasional workload driven homeworking