Robert Walters are excited to be representing a hugely successful Lancashire based services business as they look to appoint a dynamic Finance Systems Manager a part of a a major finance systems implementation.
You’ll be a key member of the Finance team, playing an instrumental role in the improvement of the end-to-end finance operating model, together with the operational and finance system performance excellence.
- Responsible for providing timely first line technical support for the new ERP system.
- Maintain the integrity of the financial data.
- Develop the new ERP functionality or credible alternatives for finance processes, ensuring that technology solutions achieve the right outcome.
- Drive best practice through a continuous improvement framework designed, agreed with the Finance Leadership Team, and communicated to Finance stakeholders.
- Ensure finance processes are compliant with relevant legislation / financial control environment.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 2.
- Support data migration and responsible for the daily interface form source / legacy systems into the new ERP.
Finance Systems Management & Development:
- Maintain current finance systems, updating the configuration, as necessary.
- Lead functional modifications and enhancements to the new system and other Finance systems/tools.
- Have ownership of the data and audit process in the Finance system to ensure it is accurate, high quality and fit for purpose.
- Work directly with system users on functionalities and new features to train them.
- Responsible for the maintenance of and working with Finance stakeholders to drive the development of the Finance systems, together with any process changes that are needed as a result of changes in the Finance systems landscape.
Finance Process Improvement:
- Takes the lead in the analysis, development and implementation of existing and new business processes that drive greater service excellence, cost efficiencies and adherence to compliance / Group Financial Control Framework / operational standards across the business including playing an instrumental role in the improvement of the finance elements of the end-to-end business operating model, ensuring alignment.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor projects and be self-directed, proactive and innovative in the management of own workload, together with assisting with the identification of risk, issues and solutions required.
- Responsibility for interfacing with the Finance team, business leads, IT, 3rd party systems service providers and IT Product to drive continuous improvement across all aspects Finance in partnership with the SPO / TDO project team
- Key to the role is quickly building relationships, engaging, and communicating well at all levels – seeking employees’ input on continuous improvement efforts, to ensure they feel invested in the process and are more likely to assume ownership of the outcomes, together with a knowledge of Finance Operations.
The Successful Individual:
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical or technical role.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, improving ERPs (e.g Sage X3 / SAP / Oracle).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel, and experience with SQL or reporting tools.
- Extensive experience of system configuration and working with complex data sets including data cleansing.
- Experience working within Continuous Improvement function of large organisations (ideally in the travel sector).
- Experience working within a Finance team or supporting Finance driven improvements.
- Experience presenting to senior level and C-suite management using a variety of written, verbal, and graphical means.
- ACCA, CIMA or similar finance qualification would be desirable
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of ERP and finance systems.
- Good understanding of project management tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of process improvement philosophies and techniques would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of accounting.
- Knowledge of system platforms and hosting techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to weigh and manage priorities.
- Analytical skills, to be able to distil complex information into summary reports.
- Flexibility and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to influence decision making.
- Methodical and rigorous work habits – quality driven but delivers at speed.
This role will see you joining a market leading international business during an exciting period of growth. You’ll work bed the new ERP system into future acquisitions and drive business performance by chancing and streamlining systems therefore improving processes and efficiencies. You will be rewarded by an excellent, social and flexible working culture offering development, realistic progression opportunities and an impactful role.
For further information and immediate consideration please contact Jonathan Kerr at Robert Walters.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates