£52,000 + £10,400 bonus and excellent benefits
Home working role – 2 days a month in the office for month end and a team meeting.
Lots of opportunity to progress within the business
We’re recruiting for a Financial Accountant with Practice experience, on behalf of a well-known, global brand, market leaders in their industry.
You will assist in the financial reporting of the UK business (two business units operating over one legal entity) and the preparation of reliable, timely and accurate financial information.
You’ll ensure that the Company uses effective financial controls and complies with all statutory and group obligations with regards to the submission of financial data and reports.
As Financial Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for technical accounting areas including hedge accounting, IFRS 16, IFRS 9
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations with regards to both judgemental and technical accounting areas including provisions, IFRS 16 and IFRS 9
- Preparation of the balance sheet, cashflow and working capital budgets/forecasts
- Assist with the improvement balance sheet reconciliations including monthly analysis and commentary for senior management reporting
- Implement balance sheet analysis pack used for monthly reviews with the Finance Director (including a variance to prior year and analysis of risks and opportunities)
- Investigation and correction of balance sheet accounts, putting through corrective entries as appropriate
- Implement improvements to accounting processes eg. stock, FX, leases etc
- Liaise with the external and internal auditors and overseeing the external interim and year end audit
- Assisting internal and external auditors in the evaluation control environment, implementing improvements of any control deficiencies found as a result
- Execution of period end financial close cut off and routines including the completion and submission of reporting requirements the group in accordance with Group reporting deadlines and procedures
- Assist with ensuring that you have robust financial controls and compliance in place with regards to corporation tax and VAT
- Completion of external reporting including but not limited to FCA returns, ONS, PSA and insurance returns
- Ensure robust financial controls and compliance with regards to corporation tax and VAT including identification and implementation of process improvements
- Assist in the preparation and submission of statutory accounts for the main trading entity and all related dormant entities
- Deputise for the Financial Reporting Manager as and when required
- Line management of Assistant Financial Accountant
Scale of role:
- Working capital: Debtors £24mio, Stocks £23mio, Creditors/Provisions £33mio
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with post qualification experience
- Proven experience of dealing with internal and / or external auditors
- Technically up to date and fully conversant with financial statement to IFRS and UK GAAP standards
- Keen eye for detail with an ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent skills in the use of Word and Excel
- Understanding of VAT and CT regulations
- Experience within a practice
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.