Hybrid – with one day at site per week
Our client, a thriving global manufacturing business is seeking a Financial Accountant to support the UK Finance Manager. This is a hybrid position, working 4 days from home and 1 day on site. Candidate must be willing to travel.
You will hold a relevant Accounting / Auditing qualification and have approximately 5 years of working experience. Previous experience as an auditor would be a plus.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
Regular and monthly responsibilities
- Support the UK finance manager on all daily accounting activities as well as monthly closing and group reporting activities
- Liaising with sites to obtain commentary and perform variance analysis for various balance sheet codes
- Preparation of non-standard journals
- Collating stock reconciliations as part of the reconciliation of the overall stock balances
- Posting various ad-hoc journals as needed in order to release or reclassify accruals or other balances remaining on the balance sheet at period-end
Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations in coordination with the Business Service Centre (BSC).
- Preparation and/or review of Internal Controls as assigned to the role
- Preparation of flash reporting including variance analysis
- Management report Balance sheet and P&L review including variance analysis
- Providing approval for bank payments
- Responding to surveys issued by the Office for National Statistics (2-5 surveys a month)
- Preparation, review and submission of UK VAT returns
- HMRC Postponed Import VAT Accounting (PIVA) scheme – Reconciliation of HMRC records to our own
Reporting to group:
- Analytical review with explanations for large movements
- Early warning questionnaire
- Posting IFRS15 revenue adjustments
- Preparation and presentation of quarterly financial results to UK directors
If this role is of interest to you or you would like to find out more then please contact James on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)