Looking for a Financial and Strategic Advisory – Assistant Manager with knowledge of the practical application of accounting standards under FRS 102, IFRS and FRS 101, group reconstructions and accounting considerations, conversion to different GAAP, technical accounting papers and acquisition accounting support.
A top 10 Accountancy firm with offices nationally.
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Taking the lead on delivering complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise, for example IFRS transition consultancy work or support on acquisition accounting and complex consolidations.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To practise the principles of excellent client service always. The position will involve significant client contact.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team.
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting experience.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
Tailored plans for each individual encompassing core and flexible benefits
- Private health-care
- Buy/Sell holidays
- Enhanced pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Discretionary bonus scheme