Financial Assurance Manager
Competitive salary with excellent benefits – please contact the recruitment team for this information although we don’t advertise our salaries, you won’t be disappointed!
Financial Assurance plays a critical role in the 3 lines of defence control framework. The Company is looking to bring into the function individuals with a genuine passion for driving a business to continually look to do things in better ways, whilst always having a keen eye on the brilliant basics of good financial control and management across all areas of the organisation. This is a dynamic environment where change is embraced.
Don’t consider this just an opportunity to take on a new and exciting challenge, but also an opportunity to join an organisation that will provide you with not just flexible working, but career pathways that support your continual development whether it be in the Assurance arena or more broadly across finance and potentially beyond.
The Financial Assurance team will be expanded and therefore we have an opportunities to join this critical function within our organisation as Financial Assurance Manager. The role of this team is to provide assurance over the accuracy and integrity of financial information and providing recommendations to improve the operational control environment around processes that affect the financial statements.
This function is responsible for ensuring balance sheet reconciliations support the accuracy, integrity and completeness of the financial statements through cyclical reviews and a mechanism for feedback of valuable improvement opportunities and identification of risk.
The role will provide a partnering opportunity with the wider organisation during completion of contract reviews to ensure adherence to IFRS. Overall, being a part of this team will provide a perfect opportunity for those interested in developing a solid technically astute foundation to a career in finance. The successful candidate will have experience in identifying and resolving technical accounting issues, understand what an effective balance sheet reconciliation looks like and have strong communication skills. Experience in internal controls an advantage.
- Perform tests designed to substantiate underlying transactions supporting the balance sheet reconciliations
- Report outcomes of reviews to Finance Directors and other Finance Leaders
- Manage agreed improvements to the balance sheet reconciliation process and confirm actions have been addressed by Reporting Unit
- Complete contract reviews with recommendations for correct application of IFRS and Group accounting policies
- Identify weaknesses in processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements
Professional and personal competencies/qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with 2 years+ post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent excel, data analytical and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of financial accounting and accounting systems
- Ability to take a consultative approach and influence decision-making
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritisation skills, handling multiple projects concurrently