RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR are looking for a Financial Investigator
Conduct dynamic investigation, in order to assess the value of individuals assets, using National Crime Agency guidelines and knowledge of local market conditions, in order to determine which assets are the proceeds of criminal activity.
Location: Kent, Maidstone
Contract: 6 Months
Work hours: Full time
Main duties and responsibilities
- Conduct dynamic investigations. This will include obtaining sufficient information to prepare confiscation orders under the Drug Trafficking Act and the Proceeds of Crime Act for presentation in court to enable the confiscation of such assets.
- Analyse and assess documentary evidence obtained in order to prepare statements of evidential quality or visual representations such as I2 Charts and spreadsheets, to be presented at Court hearings. This will include attending court and presenting evidence as an expert witness, when required at both trial and confiscation stages.
- Advise and support officers on Division, in matters relating to the investigation of offences which may involve confiscation, assisting with searches as required in order to seize all relevant financial paperwork, to secure potential evidence, promote best practice and raise the level of awareness of the legislation.
- Apply (when legislation allows) to a Crown Court Judge in chambers for search warrants and production orders, preparing formal statements / affidavits in order to obtain Crown Court and High Court restraining orders to secure vital documentary evidence and prevent the removal / disposal of criminal assets. Serve restraining orders on defendants personally in such cases, including in prison if remanded in custody.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the law, practices and procedures in relation to financial institutions, including the operation of bank and building society accounts, pension schemes, insurance and other financial accounts and investments, maintaining close links with such institutions and utilising the benefits of strong relationships to allow for the complete and thorough investigation of individuals / businesses and provide a centre of financial expertise within the Force.
- Provide presentations regarding financial investigation legislation and procedures to various departments in order to promote best practice.
- Make expert use of all available computer facilities, and IT searching systems within the FIU in the design of and preparation of reports, spreadsheets, graphs and charts to meet the requirements of individual investigations.
- Undertake all necessary training courses in order to become a fully accredited Financial investigator and complete and maintain the Continuing Professional Development Portfolio as required by the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to [email protected]
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.