Financial Operations Manager
Beyond Unity is an award-winning global CEO coaching and consultancy firm, serving CEOs and leaders worldwide. Beyond Unity’s mission is to create incredible companies which are led by incredible leaders to create super-returns and we are their confidant and friend to make it happen.
The founder of Beyond Unity was born in Harrogate and it is likely to be significant projects around Harrogate and White Rose Yorkshire country. He is likely to spend a significant amount of time in Harrogate and would like easy face-to-face access to the financial lead.
Some of Beyond Unity’s previous and current clients include Reckitt Benckiser, Informa, John Lewis, Newcrest, Telstra and LinkedIn.
Beyond Unity is seeking an individual who can financially manage our day-to-day business and oversee the bookkeeping. The Finance Operations role with the financial operations, risk and legal compliance. The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a track record in a leading strategic and commercial finance role, ideally from a fast-paced, dynamic growth business.
Beyond Unity also has legal entities in the UK, Australia, USA and China.
The CEO has co-authored a book named ‘The Awareness Code’ and as a result, we have a separate entity that the Financial Lead will also manage.
You will have financial expertise, excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a mindset to execute tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ideally recognised professional qualification in Accounting ICA, ACCA, CIMA or a minimum of Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent relevant degree
- A minimum of 6+ years post-qualification experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience at the managerial level
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be computer literate
- Complete integrity with no criminal record
- Bound by strict confidentiality
- Proven problem-solving skills
The focus of the role would include:
- Ability to create accurate and realistic cash-flow forecasts
- Leading Beyond Unity finance operations by ensuring all financial accounting transactions are properly described, collated, classified and recorded. This includes bank feed reconciliation and proficiency with programs such as Xero.
- Access financial operations by ensuring the regular monitoring of the budget by relating financial accounting data to budgeted figures in order to determine variances for necessary management action.
- Create accurate intercompany allocations and reporting. Experience with international subsidiaries is an advantage.
- Review the financial results with the CEO to ensure they are accurate
- Able to perform scenario modelling/planning, performance measurement, and incentive setting, along with operationalising a rolling forecast.
- Managing external professional advisers – tax, accounting, legal, etc. and overseeing capturing value from any future entrepreneurial deals and TV and film.
On a personal level:
- Able to perform tasks promptly.
- Agile and adaptable thinker to ever-evolving challenges.
- Ability to build agreements in extraordinary situations.
- Be a ‘Roadblock Remover’ and ‘Dot Connector’ – “every challenge can be overcome!”.
- Demonstrate an openness to self-awareness and personal development.
You would be expected to work between 1-2 days and must be able to consistently deliver with limited supervision and also be flexible to connect with colleagues in different timezones.
A full handover will be given with supporting documents including videos and instructions.
Start date: immediately
How to apply:
As part of the initial recruitment process, we would require a cover letter explaining why you are interested and best placed for this role and a CV. For successful candidates, we would set up an initial Zoom interview.
Click `apply` now and submit your cover letter, resumé and responses to the application (in one single attachment) by 25 November 2022.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.