Opportunity to join an accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide advice and accounting solutions to help entrepreneurial and high growth businesses. Ideally you will have extensive experience in Practice and a couple of years post qualified experience as well as previous team leadership experience gained in a large to mid-sized accountancy firm.
Financial reporting Assistant Manager – About the Role
As an Assistant Manager you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients. You will provide will include the review of year-end statutory accounts compliance and liaising with the necessary audit teams as well as any ad-hoc advisory services requested. You will allocate resource requirements to service your portfolio & monitor progress. In addition to your accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge, able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face.
- Review of financial reporting requirements for clients, delivered in line with agreed timescales
- Assisting in research of complex technical areas and offer solutions for clients
- Assist in preparing and reviewing consolidation of accounts including disclosures
- Understanding of corporation tax compliance requirements, and information required to generate tax disclosures in financial statements
- Act as a point of contact for more junior members of the team for technical advice and review of their work
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and ensure that all communications are conducted in a professional manner
- Understanding the client’s aspirations, goals and needs whilst suggesting proposed solutions to them
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the commercial environment and its impact on the client’s business
- Build trust and connect with the client by listening and showing empathy
- Identify business opportunities and looks at ways to improve the profitability of engagements
- Accurately scope a new projects and agree fee estimates for budget for review
The successful financial reporting Assistant Manager will have
- Qualified Accountant ACA, CA or equivalent
- Must have UK GAAP experience
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS
- Experience in a senior role, including delivering statutory accounts preparation or accounting services.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Robust under pressure, demonstrating strong organisational skills
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and research skills
- Good team member who can encourage and support others at all levels
- Providing effective coaching, feedback, and management of junior team members
- Results orientated
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding flexible employee benefits including flexible agile working patterns
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications, we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)