Customer Relations Advisor / Financial Support Advisor
Full and part-time options available
£22-£26,000 plus excellent package
Fantastic financial services company in Redhill, Surrey requires a large number of financial support advisors to join them on a part-time and full-time basis.
You will be assisting customers who are in financial difficulty, you will be more than just a friendly voice to answer their questions; you will be an attentive listener and problem solver too. This role is extremely rewarding as you are able to assist a customer with a simple query or be required to handle a more complex situation to help find a suitable solution to support their financial difficulties, whilst protecting their information through GDPR and data protection guidelines. This is a varied and interactive role where no two days are the same.
You will be joining a supportive team of advisors and are guided, trained, and developed by a dedicated team leader.
What you’ll be doing
* Receiving incoming calls and making outbound calls to customers in arrears via an automated & manual dialling system.
* Offering customers appropriate financial signposting, providing suitable and appropriate options, and guidance on their finance agreement
* Negotiating affordable payment plans with customers that are acceptable to both the business and the customer ensuring the best customer outcomes as defined by CONC, whilst adhering to pre-defined and prescriptive mandates.
* Complying with prescribed regulatory and company policies at all times.
* Handling each call in a professional telephone manner and having the ability to show empathy and sympathy as required.
* Being persuasive, tenacious, and self-motivated
* Using negotiation and persuasion skills to gain customer commitment.
* Taking ownership of queries and complaints.
* Updating system records accordingly ensuring data is accurate and factual.
* Administering and maintaining customer agreements
* Identifying and reporting on vulnerability escalating to Champions as dictated by individual circumstances
* Dealing with or escalating any identified risks in relation to risk policies and/or legislative and regulatory guidelines in accordance with the group risk framework
* Protecting and enhancing customer and company interests
* Being aware of latest legislation and enforcement developments in order to offer best advice to assist customer decision making process
What we’re looking for
* A team player, whilst also being able to work autonomously
* Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner
* Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Highly organised and possess strong planning skills
* Positive and enthusiastic approach
* Receptive to change
* GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English at grades A-C
* Previous call centre or call handling experience is desirable
* Adequate computer literacy and numeracy skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
What’s on offer
A range of benefits available which include:
* 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays.
* Pension contribution. Minimum 3% with an employer matched contribution.
* Corporate rates for private medical insurance and other insurance products
* Employee assistant programme
* Enhanced family friendly policies
* Sharesave scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Discounts on high street brands
* Local retail discounts
Other things you need to know
The salary range for this role is £22,500 – £25,000 per annum plus annual bonus and £500 flexible benefit allowance.
The department operates between the hours of 9am until 8pm therefore you will be required to work the shift pattern as follows to cover the operating hours:
Week 1 – 9am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday with half an hour unpaid break.
Week 2 – 12pm to 8pm Monday to Friday with one hour unpaid break.
plus Saturday 9am to 2pm
During Covid-19 the team are currently working 9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm. You will be given adequate notice when this reverts back to the original shifts mentioned above.
TLP Consultancy Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.