Head of Finance / Senior Management Accountant / Financial Controller : A Senior Finance / Accountant position with a dynamic, forward-thinking business in the North East
This is an exceptional opportunity with a very competitive package / Negotiable salary and superb benefits – NEWCASTLE
An SME business with a an excellent, rewarding culture and this role comes with autonomy and requires excellent leadership and process improvement.
Build your own team and harness the exciting talent! An advisory, strategic role for a senior hands-on Management Accounting professional.
A beautiful role – Start date tbc depending on successful candidate
Jess at Duval associates is short-listing for the role, exclusively with the client – Please contact Jess for more information, forward Cv and supporting examples to be considered.
IN a nutshell: Senior Accountant qualified to run the financial department of the company. Enabling the UK arm to become self-sufficient as a business and not be reliant on external/group operations and support functions.
The individual will have responsibility for:
All things accounts and finance, team management, recruitment, strategy, advisory, planning, day to day, month to month accounting, control of Imports & custom clearing agents, accounting warehouses, collection of invoices and expenses, ERP registrations, monthly budgeting, cash flow and preparation of payments and lots more.
The senior accountant will report directly to the MD but also the wider group CFO, regarding the financial performance of the company and to be able to work within their Newcastle office.
What are we looking for:
- A strong, experienced accounting professional who still has ambition, SME mentality but can build a team, improve process, and implement positive change
- You must be fully a fully qualified accountant to be considered and help a senior Accounting or Finance position with small team management in your current or previous role.
- We need stability – someone who can talk through a progressive journey and demonstrate longevity. But we also need someone who has been successful over a 3–5-year period in 2 or more roles. (Job hopping / instability or multiple contracts, short term role history will be excluded from the process)
- A strong communicator, someone who can listen as well as give instructions. A team player. Someone down to earth, but with leadership and seniority. Who can plan, strategies and execute. Advising the board and Directors.
- Someone local – a long commute is going to be an issue long term and we are looking for someone who genuinely can and would like to stay long term.
- Hard work, intelligence, agile thinker, and can-do mentality.
- Someone who either has a mix of corporate and sme or growing sme experience.
- Someone who has maybe maxed out where they are, and this could be the next stage
- Someone who is maybe ready for the next stage in their career
- Someone who likes a challenge and to make a difference at a senior level and also with Team Leadership and growth.
Candidate and experience summary:
Excellent and relevant qualification, personality, communication , sme experience, team leadership, change management, process improvement and ability to manage down and up to board level, based commutable to North Shields /Newcastle and with stability and drive.
Ask for Jess at Duval and we will be short-listing for interview in November 2022 – Most likely week being the end of w/c 14th and also w/c 21st – Likely to be a 2-stage process.