Excellent Interim Group FC opportunity within a large global PLC. The assignment is to last anywhere between 12 and 15 months and ideally you will be available to start in January.
Responsibility for managing accounting and external financial reporting of the Group; the technical and management lead on US GAAP; responsibility for overseeing group treasury and cash flow forecasting, including actively managing the liquidity of the Group and its subsidiaries and involvement in capital restructuring; a key player in the compliance of the group with Sarbanes Oxley (“SOx”) legislation; principal owner of the relationship with the group audit function and
oversight of tax matters.
- Responsibility for the monthly consolidation and financial reporting of Group under IFRS
- Responsibility for the FRS 102 holding companies statutory accounts across multi countries
- Experience of IFRS 16 and/or ASC 842 will be a distinct advantage.
- Manage the group audit process and own the principal relationship with external auditors
- Work collaboratively with internal audit to ensure their recommendations are implemented.
- Maintain operation of key controls, including review and maintenance of the Delegation of Authority.
- Oversight and understanding of the Treasury tasks performed by the Interim Head of Treasury & Accounting including
- Provide support to the Chief Finance Director and other senior managers as appropriate on strategically important projects.
- Ensure the team is well managed, organised and motivated. Work with team members to create good quality development plans and appropriate training.
- Manage conflicting priorities and the high volume of requirements whilst building/developing the team.
- Investigate the possibility of cash pooling arrangements to increase cash efficiency across the group with the Interim Head of Treasury & Accounting.
- Improve consistency and detail of balance sheet reporting through alignment of consolidation mappings across the group.
- Improve the review and understanding of balance sheet outputs.
The successful candidate will be Practice trained (ACA) and have gained experience within a large Group based function. Proven experience working within a Group FC role within an international business with strong stakeholder engagement skills with previous experience building relationships up to C Level. Experience working with US GAAP and SOx would be an advantage.
For more information, please forward your CV to Martin today. Medlock Medlock Partners are a professional services recruitment specialist operating across the Northwest of England. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion