Junior Business Development Executive / Sales Executive – Option to work from home, combined with travel to sites predominantly across the South East of England.
Do you have superb interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence others? Are you passionate, driven, with an excellent work ethic and looking for the next step in your sales / business development career? If so, read on to discover more about this excellent opportunity, where you’ll be supported to play a vital role in increasing our client base to help drive the business forward during an exciting period of growth…
DB Group (Holdings) Limited based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, was established in the 1970s and is a leading innovator of durable and sustainable construction materials. We trade through a range of brands, including market leading PUDLO waterproofing, MPS Concrete Repair Solutions and the innovative zero cement Cemfree binder.
Cemfree was developed by DB Group as an ultra-low carbon alternative to traditional cement and is a pioneering sustainable solution for today’s construction industry. As a result of significant investment in product development and increasing industry demand, our brand is well positioned for significant year on year growth.
The Role – Junior Business Development Executive / Sales Executive
Reporting to the Major Accounts Manager, as the Junior Business Development Executive / Sales Executive you’ll increase the Cemfree market size and revenue by engaging with a variety of stakeholders to identify and secure Cemfree supply opportunities.
You will be provided with full support to enable you to learn about our products and, with your line manager, create a comprehensive development plan which will see you build your knowledge and skills. Your duties will include:
- Developing effective relationships with new and prospective clients and industry partners
- Working with our outsourced lead generation company to manage the communication with new leads, including meeting with prospective clients
- Delivering on assigned annual revenue targets
- Developing a robust and accurate project pipeline through identifying and generating opportunities
- Inputting information into the CRM, and producing reports where necessary
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth processing of orders
- Representing Cemfree at trade events, networking events, and shows alongside other members of the team
- Salary in the region of £35,000, potentially negotiable depending on experience plus bonus with OTE up to £40,000
- Permanent contract, working full time hours, Monday to Friday
- Option to work from home combined with travel to sites predominantly across the South East of England, alongside working from our headquarters in Bourn (Cambridgeshire) 1 or 2 days per week. Working full time from our office is an option, if preferred
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the opportunity to buy up to 5 days additional holiday in each calendar year
- Company vehicle, with business travel expenses paid
- Private health care
- Contributory pension scheme – matching company contribution up to 5%
- Life assurance (x3 salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social events
- Training and development opportunities
Our Requirements – Junior Business Development Executive / Sales Executive
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in a B2B or B2C sales environment, perhaps gained in a role similar to a Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Internal Sales, or Customer Service Coordinator
- Excellent computer skills, with ability to use CRM software following training if required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Passionate, driven with an excellent work ethic
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
Although not essential, experience gained in the engineering, construction, or technical sales (or similar) sector would be highly advantageous.
More About Us
Our team means a lot to us, and progression and quality underpin everything we do. We spend time listening, collaborating, and continuously innovating the products we offer as part of an open culture. We are committed to investing in the ongoing development of our people, enabling them to grow their careers with us as part of a forward-thinking team.
All applications for this Junior Business Development Executive / Sales Executive vacancy should be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.