What we’ll give:
- £30,000 – £33,000per annum + study support
- 40hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- Free meals while working
- Discounted tickets to JCC events
More about the role:
As our ManagementAccountant, you will support the venue management team in understanding their financial performance; whilst subsequently driving contract performance and monitoring change.
You will be responsible for:
- Be the key Commercial resource on race days and key events ensuring tills, PDQs are tech are programmed and working
- Preparing information for accurate P&Ls pre and post events including profiling, attendance and SPH assumptions
- Assisting in the accurate & timely weekly, monthly and rolling forecasts and annual budgeting/forecasting process
- Ensuring completion of financial statements
- Compiling, creating and reviewing budgets, forecasts and providing analysis surrounding contract performance
- Attending regular reviews, acting as a business partner in relation to the provision of reporting and management information
- Working closely with General Manager and Heads of Departments to ensure full awareness of all financial drivers in the business
- Assisting in improving Working Capital including debt management, stock & cash control
- Clear and concise internal reporting and preparation for business reviews
- Be the pro-active link between venue and head office teams to ensure all month end and general finance processes are working as well as required
Who you are:
To be right for us, you will ideally be AAT qualified and/or working towards a professional qualification in ACCA/CIMA/ACA (QBE is also acceptable). You will possess good financial and commercial acumen with the following skills:
- Experience in a financial role within a similar industry
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information in a clear and concise way
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Strong numerical and analytical skills for large quantity of data, with a close attention to detail
- Good to superb Excel Skills
- Flexible working ability as there is some weekend work
- Some travel to other venues therefore driving licence preferred
What you’ll be doing:
If you are seeking your next role within fast paced FTSE 30 business to be at an iconic venue, with a world class sporting event?
Want more than the “9-5” and have an element of operations in your responsibility?
Do you want to develop your career within a commercially driven, fast paced environment, with an operational and financial blend?
Would you relish the opportunity to join a fun and diverse organisation within Levy UK – the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships? (Part of Compass PLC)
If so, then we have a brilliant opportunity for ManagementAccountants (at different levels) to join us here at Jockey Club Catering at Cheltenham Racecourse.
As our Management Accountantyou will report into the Regional Director with a dotted line into the Regional Finance Manager.
You will be based at Cheltenham Racecourse with site visits to other SW racecourses, you will ensure use financial and operational controls for forecasting and month-end reporting.