GBR Recruitment are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a leading client (a market leader in their industry sector) recruiting for a permanent Management Accountant to lead several others in Finance / Accounts, managing & completing tasks such as preparing accurate monthly management accounts, investigating / explaining variances against budget forecasts along with month end reviews with the OP’s SMT. You’ll also play a key role in supporting budgeting, forecasting and weekly cash flow preparations.
Acting as a real MA Business Partner to all key departments in the business to identify value adding opportunities, along with responsibility for preparation and submission of VAT returns plus various analysis.
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts to strict deadlines including maintenance of FAR, prepayments, accruals, stock analysis, intercompany reconciliations etc.
- Investigating and explaining variances against budgets and forecasts including any supporting analysis
- Supporting Finance Manager with budget and forecasts preparation
- Proactive business partnering across different departments to identify value adding and cost saving opportunities.
- Identifying and driving improvements and efficiencies within current processes/reporting
- Provide support with weekly cash flow preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliation’s
- Quarterly preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Completion and submission of any relevant ONS surveys
- Provide support during annual audits
- Timely and accurate monthly management accounts including investigation of any variances
- Timely and accurate information and analysis to support cash flow preparation
- Timely and satisfactory budgets and forecasts supported with clear assumptions
- Identifying and driving cost savings and value adding opportunities
- Timely and accurate submissions of VAT returns.
Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- Part or fully qualified Accountant / Management Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA / AAT)
- Have previous management accounting experience working within a fast-paced environment or someone with practice background looking to make their first move into another industry.
The role is to start ASAP (potentially before Christmas)
Interviews to take place immediately