Our client is looking for a Finance Manager who has commercial awareness, a positive attitude and is looking to develop and grow alongside their business.
As a Finance Manager you will play a key role in supporting the delivery of business objectives.
Whether providing financial input into a new business case or closing the monthly accounts, accuracy, timeliness, collaboration and understanding of performance are essential.
You'll provide planning and analysis, accounting, reporting and costing support to inform decision making and drive financial performance.
The role would be ideal for someone that has previous experience in a similar role and enjoys working in a small company.
Responsibilities and Duties of Finance Manager
Reporting to the company’s Directors, you will be responsible for
- Providing business support to the Managing Director and other Directors.
- Manage the annual budget process, complete periodic reforecasts.
- Managing key relationship with the bank, payroll bureau, HMRC and insurers
- Ownership of the finance system and with a view to unlocking full the benefits of the system.
- Project appraisals and financial modeling.
- Standardization of financial reporting through improved systems.
- Managing and mentoring a small team with responsibility for all administrative and financial tasks within the business.
- Management accounts supervision – P&L, Balance sheet reconciliations (including Accruals and Prepayments, depreciation, preparation/posting of monthly journals, bank), resolving any other accounting queries.
- Cash Flow management.
- Prepare Budget/Forecast and review with the Managing Director.
- Contributing to a monthly board pack (including commentary).
Qualifications and Skills of Finance Manager
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria
- Ideal role for someone who is qualified or part-qualified with appropriate management accounting experience.
- Prior experience of a broad finance role in an SME environment is beneficial.
- Self-motivated and able to work proactively and productively within a small team.
- Able to demonstrate confident communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills, logical approach and attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Initiative and drive to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Medium to High level of competence with Excel and other MS Office software.
- Some knowledge of payroll would be beneficial.