Job Code:TR- F2323
Job title: PLC Finance Reporting Manager
Salary: £60k – £80K depending on experience plus bonus scheme and other benefits to be discussed at interview
Our client is a global market leader in its sector and they are looking for a PLC Finance Reporting Manager for there establishment in the Oxfordshire area.
This is a high profile role in an international business. The PLC Reporting Manager is the key custodian of the Component's financial and business information.
The PLC Reporting Manager will be responsible for consolidated reporting exercises leading to the production of business information and financial data for publication to the external investor community, and the Board and senior executives within the company.
The role is responsible for the Components' technical compliance with IFRS and for maintenance of the Components accounting manual, including liaison with the operations on the interpretation of accounting policy.
The role has management responsibility for the Consolidation Reporting team (2 employees as well any additional interim end and year end support contractors), including their personal development in role and into other roles within the organisation.
The PLC Reporting Manager will be Component's IFRS technical need and will also advise senior management on the appropriate accounting treatments for complex transactions, including considering the external reporting implications.
The person will be expected to communicate very well with staff throughout Components and will have experience of multinational consolidations under IFRS. Twice a year (and one of the key deliverables for this role) is that you will be responsible for delivering the interim end and year end reporting results for the Components.
This will involve directly liaising with external auditors and other departments both externally and internally and preparing for publish the financial statement section of the Annual Report public document.
As a relatively small consolidation reporting team, the role will also require you to ensure cover for areas of the reporting team in the event of absentees so an awareness and understanding of the wider reporting function processes and procedures is also required.
Lead the Reporting team to:
• Deliver consolidated weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business information and financial data to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy and efficiency
• Ensure data integrity within operating unit data submissions including identifying and investigating variances in divisional data submitted to head office
• Support divisional finance teams to ensure consistency in the interpretation of Components policies and reporting requirements
• Prepare the financial sections of external publications, led by the Company's Annual Report, and statutory accounts of head office companies
Directly responsible for:
• Developing accounting policies in line with evolving business requirements of the Components
• Continuously review business processes within the Reporting team to further add value and reduce reporting timelines to enhance efficiency
• The resourcing, development (including operational visits) and cost control of the Reporting team
• Being the point of contact throughout Components for technical accounting and reporting queries and reviewing new developments in IFRS and related regulatory frameworks to assess the impact on Essentra.
• Working with external auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit of the consolidation process, including ensuring that their queries get dealt with promptly
• Supporting wider Finance and Head Office work including ad hoc project support and financial modelling and budgeting process. We are keen to support all our employees with juggling their work, personal and family commitments so offer the opportunity to request flexible working arrangements to all.
If you are interested, please get in touch with me asap for more information.