We are recruiting for a Project Management Business Partner for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Filton. This is a hybrid role with 3 days a week onsite, 2 days WFH.
Role Overview –
The applicant will support the Fuel and Inerting Systems Domain (IYU) in Filton. IYU manages the introduction of any new fuel types and Fuel additives via monitoring their chemical and physical properties against existing known specifications and international or national standards. When new fuel or additive types are proposed for us on the aircraft, the Fuels and Additives team must liaise with Powerplant and fuel system specialists and suppliers to understand the impacts and validate and certify modifications for each programme. This activity will ramp up next year to also include Sustainable Aviation Fuel studies.
In this context, the applicant will ensure the portfolio management of those activities, mainly to consolidate and monitor the scheduling and financial information.
The applicant will also ensure the PM M&T harmonization within IYU; and will propose adequate actions to promote the PM culture within the department.
- Partnership with leader(s) of the supported project(s) or portfolio(s) on a day to day basis
- Contribute to PM M&T harmonisation within Fuel and Inerting Systems Domain
- Challenging project leaders/contributors where needed to follow PM methods
- Supporting portfolio/PM by ensuring application of PM processes, methods and tools like:
- Provision of quantitative and qualitative information to support discussions and decision making at the project or portfolio management level and support data analysis
- Supporting efficient communication and stakeholder management
- Incorporating and analysing time, cost, quality and resources
- Scheduling projects and consolidating these in portfolios, including work breakdown structures
- Managing risks and opportunities
- Performance follow up (e.g. milestones/quality gates), inspections, reporting for the different phases
- Proper change management within the project/portfolio scope
- Proven experience in PM
- Experience of setting up project framework and to define details project structures ensuring alignment with project requirements
- Ability to identify milestones and all the interdependencies between project activities
- Ability to identify, assess and monitor projects financial risks and opportunities
- Ability to monitor and contract financial aspects
- Ability to monitor and control progress based on project objective performance measures including Milestones/Maturity Gates
- To work autonomously and proactively and to act with independence and related responsibility
- To adapt and use multiple forms of communication styles to ensure that all people/stakeholders are willing and able to follow common objectives
- Experience of negotiation and influencing using reasoned advocacy
This is a umbrella contract, the role is Inside IR35