Sector: Secure Networking, SD-WAN, Managed Secure Networks, Public and Private Cloud solutions.
The client: Is an independent VAR, Consultancy and Managed Services provider.
Role: A combination of direct new business sales and also management of several existing key accounts.
Location: The role can be based from home, with regular travel to clients and one day per week in the clients Northampton office.
Our client’s self-assessment: We are an independent VAR, Consultancy and Managed Services provider. Best known for the solutions we provide to mid-sized customers with highly distributed infrastructure and complex environments in retail, hospitality, automotive, non-profit and facilities management. You will join a company that will treat you as a member of the family rather than being a number within a large cog. We don’t have the rigidity of a company which is layered with inflexible processes so the ability to have positive impact can be immediate. The Sales Executive is responsible for creating and closing profitable new sales opportunities and also from the existing accounts, ensuring that all existing managed service contracts are renewed at the end of the contract period. Team Selling is an important part of the sales process so you will be supported with calibre internal specialist resources. If you have successful sales experience, particularly in selling MSP solutions, and you are passionate about providing excellent client care, you would be an ideal candidate for this role.
What will my main responsibilities be?
- Identify, qualify, win and close Professional Services (PS) and Managed Service opportunities from new clients and existing customer base.
- Achieve Quarterly Gross Margin sales targets for both PS and Managed Services.
- Ensure that solutions offered are within our field of competence.
- Design and implement a structured sales Account Plan for all of the accounts you manage. The plan should include a GAP analysis of what opportunities reside within each account where we haven’t previously sold a solution or service. Engage with the Technical team to assist to identify the opportunities and scope.
- Build a clear understanding of customer priorities and budgets to qualify opportunities, generate pipeline and forecast deal closure.
- Present compelling business proposition concepts and ideas to customers at senior and Board level.
- Identify potential competitive threats to a deal and take timely and effective action to minimise them.
- Coordinate technical pre-sales resource and manage the sales cycle, setting realistic customer expectations to ensure our reputation and customer aspirations are met.
- Record key activities, plans and contacts on the CRM system (Hubspot) at all times, along with accurate forecasts.
- Partner with the wider business to ensure customer satisfaction is always kept paramount and a high-quality service is delivered consistently.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) assigned to the account, so a joined-up sales and service plan can be developed and implemented for each customer.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in technology, the customer and vendor market places in order to anticipate future customer requirements and to help develop OUR CLIENT’s solution offering.
- Identify any marketing campaigns or initiatives that may help create new opportunities within our existing customer base.
- Responsible for the creation of customer proposals and quotations, gaining input from the different parts of the company when required e.g., Pre-Sales, Finance, Senior Management etc.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s goals, growth and profitability targets by being an active member of the Team.
Your values when working and selling:
You let your personality shine through your work
You are fun to be around and don’t take yourself too seriously
You strive for the collective good, not just your own success
You have the confidence to be yourself, but the humility to learn from others
Our sales approach is one of customer-centricity and we have a passion for partnering to solve challenges using an ethical approach. This role is an opportunity to make a real difference in a founder-led Managed Service business where you will not be a number – but a valued member of a playful but professional team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years successful sales experience, particularly in selling MSP solutions and in selling to medium sized Enterprise customers i.e., 250 – 3,000 end users.
- Ability to accurately forecast and consistently deliver results against financial targets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills – able to communicate effectively, influence and negotiate.
- Team player who understands the importance of ‘Team Selling’.
- Demonstrable understanding and use of a known sales selling process.
- Good experience and expertise in Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Must have influencing, people and analysis skills combined with sound commercial judgement.
- Able to create customer proposal documents ensuring that they are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Must have the ability to build commercial deals with an understanding of maximising Gross Margin whilst offering competitive solutions.
- Positive and helpful in attitude and decisive in approach, able to operate under pressure and to deliver ‘right first time’ information
- A current right to work in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
Basic Salary £45,000 – £65,000 per year (depending on experience), plus commission.
Online Training Subscription
25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Easy to get to light airy offices
Workplace Pension Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Access to Perk box benefits portal
Cycle to Work scheme
Team fun and learning
Well-stocked chocolate fridge
What’s in it for you?
Mentoring and coaching from senior management
Working with a fun and approachable leadership team that combine business rigour with playful humour. Join a business with a moral compass that demonstrates they care about their customers and employees.
Our clients typical offering:
WIRED & WIRELESS NETWORKING
MANAGED SECURE NETWORK
PUBLIC & PRIVATE CLOUD
WAN technologies including SD-WAN
Traditional routing and switching