Axon Moore are working with a Global market leading retail company who are looking for an interim Finance Manager to work at the Blackburn head office.
The Finance Team is expanding so we have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Finance Manager. In this role you will be required to provide accounting support within the finance team, to ensure key financial close and day to day activities are complete in a robust and timely manner. The role will also act as a key supporting role for Financial Controller but also play a key role in the development of the Financial Accountant and Assistant Management Accountants.
- Ownership of the audit process and delivery of key deliverables
- Work with various stakeholders to support the development of understanding of key business processes and develop commercial and operational understanding
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and provide first input into monthly management accounts
- Presentation of monthly numbers to the Financial Controller
- Preparation of key inputs into the board pack presented to senior management
- Provide Financial Controller with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
- Support Financial Controller in ensuring strong month end controls and adherence to deadlines to support wider group reporting requirements
- First point of review for work performed by the Financial Accountant and Assistant Management Accountants including monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Lead process of process documentation and controls for all assigned areas and ensure consistency across all documented processes
- Maintain and improve standardisation of tasks and processes
- Management and development of Financial Accountant and Assistant Management Accountants
- Supporting the understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts and work closely with the commercial team
- Shadow and work closely with the Financial Controller to develop strong cross functional partnerships with across various departments (Fuel, Merchandising, Operations and Maintenance, Payroll, HR), documenting minutes and actions of key discussions
- Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
- Lead in the preparation and review of accurate site P&L’s for responsible functional are to ensure all numbers reported are accurate and discrepancies understood and investigated
- Ensuring local GAAP requirements are applied correctly in the financial close process
- Assisting in key stages of system implementation programmes
- Other Adhoc projects
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and appreciation of general accounting
- Excellent Excel skills
- SAP experience is desirable
- Previous exposure to complex consolidations is desirable
Please send a CV, salary expectations and availability to (url removed) for immediate consideration.
Please note, this role is based in Blackburn and you must be able to get in to the office 5 days per week. Free parking and excellent benefits package provided.