We are looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join our fantastic finance team based in our office in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex.
We at Wilson James employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services across the UK. Come and be one of those brilliant people!
As a Senior Management Accountant, you will be a proud ambassador to the finance team, looking to contribute to the business strategy as opportunities present themselves. Your main responsibilities will be to lead the team of project-based accountants to ensure that through accurate and timely reporting, the business has the correct information to form the base of its management decisions. You will assist our bid team to aid with the bid process of new work and oversee the preparation of annual budgets for the sector, and support with the mobilisation of complex new contracts. Furthermore, your ability to communicate with strong negotiation skills will help with the requirement to liaise with the senior divisional management teams to ensure they have a good appreciation of their financial results and that they are content with the service received from the team and resolve disputes with our clients and suppliers.
What we can offer you:
- £52,000 per annum
- A permanent, office-based position working 40 hours per week, inclusive of a paid lunch break with flexible working options available
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with the option to purchase more
- Life assurance scheme
- Company sick pay
- Pension Scheme
- Access to an industry-leading Employee Benefits Platform offering lifestyle savings and discounts on most high street retailers, a Reward and Recognition programme
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides a health and wellbeing support service
- As an employer of choice, we focus on wellbeing, training, and career progression
- Employee Referral Scheme
What we need from you:
- Professional accounting qualification
- Leading and supporting a high-performing finance team,
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing IT systems to drive efficiency and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills