We are looking for a Technical Consultant join a very successful client within financial services, based in St Albans.
The Technical Consultant is a key role for the business, the main focus being working with their clients to complete Technical and Financial reports for cost saving claims.
The successful candidate will have technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Software Development, Manufacturing, Mechanical / Electronic Engineering or Information Technology.
An ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills as this is a client-facing role, with the need to build good client relationships via Teams meetings or site visits. You will possess a naturally inquisitive nature and interest in innovation in order to gather all the necessary technical details to assess a claim for eligibility as well as the ability to interpret company financial accounts.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: Up to £70k basic depending on experience + bonus potential
- Hours: – flexible – 8am-4.30pm/9am-5.30pm or 9.30am-6pm (with the option to work from home)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Hols
- Generous Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Expenses policy for travel and subsistence
- Free parking
- Be responsible for the client engagement and be considered a key partner to our client
- Drive the end-to-end process for the client, including carrying out due diligence on new clients
- Identification of projects undertaken by the client within the relevant accounting period(s) which may qualify as ‘compliant activity’
- Identification of timeframe, resource deployed, tasks undertaken and outcome pertaining to each project
- Confirmation of client’s exposure to financial risk and treatment of qualifying costs within the financial statements
- Acquisition of relevant source data (technical specifications, payroll data, invoices etc.) in advance of the formal site meet
- To meet with the client personnel at their premises as well as conducting a tour of the client facility in order to identify additional areas of compliance not previously discussed
- To finalise both the technical and financial detail of all qualifying activity and expenditure discussed during the preparation process
- To complete the source data collection exercise, especially the financial information not obtained previously
- To compile both Technical and Financial reports (using the templated format and checklists provided) in respect of the relevant accounting period(s), liaising with client and associated working partners (e.g., accountant, third-party service providers) to address any issues arising
- To further support the claim process – in conjunction with Technical Department – should HMRC seek clarification into areas of compliance relating to the claim
- Identify future opportunities and needs for the client including Intellectual Property
What the client are looking for:
- Technical expertise (ideally innovative) in one or more of the following areas: Software Development, Manufacturing, Mechanical / Electronic Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience in a professional service, consulting environment
- Client-facing, inquisitive and process-driven
- Good report-writing and numeracy skills, preferably comfortable interpreting financial accounts
- Sound data management skills
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.