As Site Financial Controller, you will primarily support the Group Controller and VP of Finance and oversee all financial activities within this particular Site.
Some of the responsibilities for this successful individual would be but not limited to:
- Act as a service function for the Site Manager and the local leadership team and provides them financial information within agreed cycles as well as ad hoc.
- Responsible for external financial reporting such as preparing the annual financial statement as well as managing the audit thereof.
- Manage the day-to-day financial activities including preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, audits, payroll, management of accounts receivable and payable.
- Support the business by identifying potential operational inefficiencies and proposing remedy measures and supports the development and implementation of initiatives and projects across the Site by providing financial analysis.
- The Financial Controller drives the local execution of the business reporting cycle within the company (monthly, quarterly, annually, budgeting and forecasting) and provides timely, insightful analysis, interpretation and advice on the business performance addressed to stakeholders within the site as well as to the Group’s Finance function.
- Responsible that the Site’s financial infrastructure in terms of systematic financial risk management, accounting and controlling processes and standards is working efficiently and is compliant with all relevant regulations in line with the Group’s Finance function’s standards.
The successful UK Site Financial Controller will be/have:
You will be able to demonstrate a successful history of working in a fast-paced working environment, with knowledge to allow you to fulfil the demands of this role.
- Degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting or related field
- Preferably a Qualified Accountant – (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- At least 8 years relevant experience in a Finance function such as Financial/Business Controller or Business Partner Finance
- Experience in leading a small finance team
- Preferably experienced in Manufacturing, Chemical or related industry
- Excellent knowledge of UK accounting standards and principles as well as IFRS
- Excellent knowledge of statutory compliance requirements
- Expert skills in Excel
- Proficiency in ERP systems, ideally in Microsoft AX/Dynamics, but not essential
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, develop and influence relationships
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement
- Takes ownership and responsibility, is results oriented and has a proactive style
- Competitive salary + Annual Bonus
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Private Medical Insurance opt-in after probation period
- Holidays 25 + 8 Bank Holidays
- After probation period – 13 weeks full sickness pay, 13 weeks half pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
Please contact for a confidential discussion